IT Category Manager (REMOTE)
Pay: $58-70 (W2)
Start Date: 5/10/2021
Contract Length: 3+ Month renewable contact.
A large Public Accounting Firm is seeking a highly skilled and detailed IT Category Manager to support and lead the commercial discussions and negotiations for goods/services provided by its IT suppliers. The IT Category Manager will be responsible for sourcing strategic services and establishing best-in-class procurement practices when third-party IT products and services are negotiated and contracted.
The ideal IT Category Manager will:
• Ensure all business, functional, and technical requirements for all goods or services are properly vetted, market-ready, and commercially executed.
• Provide expert strategic sourcing support and leadership for all aspects of procurement projects with a specific focus on technology products and services.
• Achieve savings by improving internal processes and procedures, implementing supply chain efficiencies, understanding and reducing total cost of ownership, and balancing the overall cost, quality, and effectiveness for purchased IT products and services.
• Provide market insight, benchmarking, and commodity expertise to the firm for decision-making.
• Generate annual IT category plans which incorporate sourcing project waves to meet business goals and technology savings objectives.
• Support and/or lead the analysis, selection, implementation, management, and use of process automation, including eProcurement, Contract Lifecycle Management, and eSourcing as applicable to add efficiencies, increase effectiveness, and contain costs for the firm’s expenditures.
• Coordinate with business stakeholders to ensure supplier sourcing strategies are aligned with enterprise goals and objectives.
• Evaluate, analyze, and score supplier proposals with stakeholders and recommend a strategic path forward.
• Review contracts with technology SMEs, business stakeholders, and legal while ensuring proper contract terminology.
• Develop service provider evaluation metrics to allow for fair and equitable scoring of suppliers.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Strategic Sourcing/Procurement, Technology, or equivalent business experience.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in working in technology-based strategic sourcing / IT supplier management.
• Proven abilities and experience in technology, services procurement, and contract negotiations.
• Expert and demonstrable knowledge of sourcing and procurement best practices and issues.
• Proven ability to lead all phases of the acquisition process for high-dollar, high-impact procurement projects.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of leadership.
• Must possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend automation opportunities.
• Awareness of benchmarking tools/options (Gartner//ISM, etc.) to support best practices and supplier recommendations
• Experience in applying risk management within procurement.
• Expert knowledge of supplier evaluation, contract design and legal elements.
#PCHR #PCFA #PCIT #IT #LI-Remote
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2021 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In