Automation / Test Engineer
A hospitality currently seeking a Automation / Test Engineer for a 1 year contract opportunity in the Chicago area. The role is full remote.
Requirements for the Automation / Test Engineer
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 Years Windows Administrator Experience.
- 3-4 Years working with scripting or automation platforms (PowerShell, Ansible, Etc.)
- 1-2 Years Network experience (F5, VIP theory, DNS, Certificates)
- 1-2 Years working with virtual environments (VSphere, Microsoft Azure)
- 1-2 Years working with Weblogic Scripting
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING TOOLSETS IS PREFERRED:
- PowerShell (Scripting of manual windows functions/tasks or installations of software)
- Ansible (YAML scripting and playbooks)
- Rundeck (Implement scripted jobs to run ad hoc or on a fixed schedule)
Job Posting Number of Positions
Responsibilities of the Automation / Test Engineer
- Support new technologies and the roll-out of new products and systems in coordination with other teams.
- Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting Opera Property Systems.
- Maintain channels of communication with the related application technicians to ensure successful and efficient production changes.
- Coordinate communication with the third-party technical vendors and internal teams for planned events, outages, etc.
- Acquire oversight for the Opera Property Systems project tasks including planning, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and diagnostics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of related systems that require communication to/from our hosted application.
- Coordinate all modifications and changes to property systems with the technical team and carry out the changes as agreed upon the reviewed solution.
- Performs trend analysis on monitoring alarms, incident reports and service ticket to resolve identified issues.
- Provides on-call or after-hours technical support for the group.
SAMPLE PROJECTS (FOR INDIVIDUALS ALLOCATED TO THE AUTOMATION TEAM):
- Upgrade Ansible Roles / PowerShell Modules to handle new Opera versions received from the vendor.
- Updating Existing Terraform Code to Standing up a new Azure Region
- Implement EMV payment gateway interface between the datacenter and payment processing companies
- Testing disaster recovery readiness
- Implementing interfaces/services of additional vendors to/from Opera
#PCIT #LI-remote #computernetworksecurity #computersoftware #Entertainment #Hospitality #industrialautomation #infoservices
PeopleCaddie is a digital talent marketplace focused exclusively on contract opportunities for highly-skilled business professionals. Our talent cloud utilizes proprietary data and technology to help contractors find attractive job opportunities through PeopleCaddie’s user-friendly mobile app while enjoying unparalleled visibility in pay rates and application status.
With an established array of clients nationwide, including Fortune 500 companies spanning multiple industries, PeopleCaddie has quickly become one of the fastest-growing talent clouds.
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in