Role: Quality Assurance Tester
Large Hotel and Hospitality company
Must be local to Chicago
$45-47 W2 / $53 - $55 1099
The Quality Assurance tester's role is to assist in the development, management, execution of testing related deliverables and activities for the Loyalty Systems Team. The role reports to the Loyalty Systems Director but will interact mainly with team Project Manager and Test Manager.
The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Review business requirements, use cases, etc. to understand scope of deliverables being tested
• Create test plans and scripts to ensure development deliverables match desired requirements and expectations
• Create and communicate test progress, test results, and outstanding issues, tasks, etc.
• Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Work with business stakeholders to plan and execute UAT
• Assist in testing setup and management in preparation for test execution
• Assist with smoke testing during production deployments
• Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new development and enhancements
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives
• 5+ years direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience with communication tools like MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint
• Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr)
• Experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software
• Prior experience in the hospitality industry
Four year college degree or extensive experience in application test planning and execution for enterprise application(s)
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in