Quality Assurance Analyst
$60-$64 W2 or $70-$74 1099 (1.5x overtime)
Remote (Chicago preferred)
Reports to Quality Assurance Manager or Director. The Quality Assurance Analyst's role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Work closely with product, design, and development team members to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine application quality.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
• Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Mentor other Quality Assurance analysts on the team
• Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
• Assist in environment setup and management in preparation for test execution
• Use creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Use testing web technologies, services, and physical devices and an understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML to deliver robust test suites
• Demonstrate a commitment to our core values.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years direct experience as a senior tester level for major application integration and/or major application product release.
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Extensive experience with core software applications.
• Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using JIRA.
• Proficient in the preparation of test data and regression test scripts.
• Proficient in cross browser, cross platform web testing with SauceLabs or equivalent tools.
• Proficient in testing web services (REST and SOAP) testing using SoapUI, Postman or equivalent tools.
• Proficient in leveraging Splunk or similar tools to view system logs and troubleshoot potential defects.
• Sound knowledge of Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
• Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Four year college degree or extensive experience in application test planning and execution for enterprise application.
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in