Quality Assurance Analyst
$55 / HR - $70 / HR (1.5x overtime)
6 months to 1 year
Remote ok but locals preferred
Reports to Quality Assurance Manager or Director. The Quality Assurance Analyst's role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Work closely with product, design, and development team members to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine application quality.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
• Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Use Java and/or Groovy to develop, enhance, and maintain automation tests and framework libraries to verify the functionality and reliability of our software
• Leverage continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins and Rundeck to update and execute automated tests written in JUnit or TestNG
• Hands-on experience using modern version control systems like Git and Subversion
• Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
• Assist in environment setup and management in preparation for test execution
• Conduct regular code reviews to ensure that object-oriented design best practices are followed at all times. Automation code should be easy to extend and support
• Use creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Demonstrate a commitment to core values.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years direct experience developing and executing tests on database-driven web apps or other enterprise software using test automation platforms like Selenium WebDriver
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Extensive experience with core software applications.
• Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using JIRA.
• Proficient in the preparation of test data and regression test scripts.
• Demonstrated experience in the Agile/Scrum development process.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Demonstrable skills in writing JUnit or TestNG tests
• Proficient in testing web services (REST and SOAP) testing using SoapUI, Postman or equivalent tools.
• Proficient in leveraging Splunk or similar tools to view system logs and troubleshoot potential defects.
• Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins and Rundeck.
Four year college degree or extensive experience in application test planning and execution for enterprise application.
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in