Tax Resource Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 7 Months
Our large Public Accounting Client is seeking a Tax Resource Manager to assist with their growing Tax service line. This role has the potential to convert to full-time after the contract period and is 100% REMOTE.
The Tax Resource Manager is responsible for assigning the right resource to the right client at the right time, while balancing and optimizing employee growth, client results, and business metrics. He/she will have deep knowledge of the skills of the resources in his/her area as well as the skills required by projects in his/her area.
Responsibilities for the Tax Resource Manager:
• Provides analysis around key metrics such as availability, utilization, and open seat status and identifies issues and trends.
• Works with Partners, MDs, and Project Managers to identify and define open needs and identify staff to fulfill those needs.
• Anticipates potential staffing conflicts and proactively manages conflicts by surfacing creative alternatives that maximize utilization while minimizing bench but are also opportunistic for staff development.
• Actively manages bench and works with Partners, MDs, and Project Managers to identify possible opportunities for bench resources as well as college hires and interns. Also, serves as primary point of contact for unassigned staff within area.
• Meets regularly with staff to ensure he/she understands their growth needs and project preferences as well as to set expectations with his/her staff regarding project and skill demand and possible opportunities.
• Acquires and maintains deep knowledge of skills of staff within area as well as skills needed for projects in area.
• Helps to integrate new hires into project teams.
• Maintains a steady pulse on shortages and surpluses in area.
• Collaboratively engages with Capacity and Resource Management team to encourage resource sharing across regions, TBLs, etc.
• Identifies needs that cannot be fulfilled by upcoming supply and works closely with Regional/National Capacity Manager and Recruiting to ensure open requisitions are created and fulfilled.
• Responsible for data management of area and works closely with their staff to ensure skill profiles are current, StaffTrak data entry/forecasting is timely and accurate, and CMS data entry is timely.
• Works closely with offshore counterparts to ensure resource staffing needs are met.
Requirements for the Tax Resource Manager:
• A solid understanding of the firm’s business and operations as well as a basic understanding of finance
• Excellent organizational skills, deadline-oriented and flexibility to meet changing needs of the role
• Proven ability to manage upwards and drive results
• Proven ability to set and manage expectations with staff
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel. High degree of comfort using computer software and other Microsoft business products (Word, PowerPoint, Office), including excellent data management and manipulation capabilities
• Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced environment
• Strong metrics-focused with ability to use analytics to solve problems and develop solutions
• Ability to build rapport and gain the trust with all levels of personnel at the firm
• Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Aptitude to learn and leverage new technology
• Tax and Resource Management experience at a professional services firm
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality while balancing needs of the business
#PCHR #LI-REMOTE #accounting
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in