Partnership Tax Senior Associate
Limited travel - remote option!
The Tax Senior Associate works closely with staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The Tax Senior Associate is primarily responsible for reviewing complex individual, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, S corporate, C Corporate, and foreign tax returns; developing and supervising staff, preparing more complex tax returns; and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
• Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
• Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
• Prepare tax returns for more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foreign tax clients.
• Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
• Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• Previous tax return review experience.
• Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
• Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Fast-Tax software, and CCH.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• CPA preferred.
• Two to four years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience; experience in public accounting is a plus.
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2020 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In