The goal of the Application Packaging Engineer is to ensure company software and applications are packaged properly to standardize software deployment for laptops and desktops. We are looking for an experienced senior level packaging engineer, who will create, test and troubleshoot packages, security patches and OS updates to Windows endpoints in a large and distributed enterprise.
They should have ability to work collaboratively across teams as a third level Engineer utilizing defined processes to successfully develop packages to meet the business requirements or maintain core engineering solutions.
• Expertise in application packaging, App Deployment Toolkit, Flexera AdminStudio, AppV, Orca and Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• A strong background in scripting is desirable as it pertains to desktop management/automation via PowerShell and VBScript.
• Complete understanding of Windows 10, Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM), Active Directory, Group Policy, OSD & packaging troubleshooting
• Have analysis skills to analyze the requirements and designing packaging logic and UI
• Work and communicate effectively with application owners, application development teams and users at all phases of packaging
• Ability to test quality of the packages in a virtual machine and in a physical machine
• Closely working with our quality assurance engineer and addressing issues identified
• Ability to independently problem solve and be self-directed, having attention to details, the ability to capture, organize and analyze information, and to communicate and collaborate within the team and with business partners.
• Experience in working with the SCCM engineer to host the packages to ensure that package is properly mounted in SCCM and ready for a successful deployment
• Ability to work as an escalation point for package failures and provide guidance and direction to deskside team.
• Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan
• Perform well under high pressure situations, meet tight timelines, manage challenging assignments, and handle flexibly a variety of business needs
• Develops new documentation, participates in the development of departmental technical procedures and designs user support guides.
• Understanding of tools like procmon, filemon, regmon, eventviewer etc.
• Consults with management and recommends process and procedure improvements.
• Quickly learn new technologies appropriate to relevant application domains
• Experience end user services, information technology or related field preferred
• Strong knowledge of Windows Operating systems
• Strong knowledge of Bitlocker
• Strong knowledge of Office products
• Knowledge of Remedy or ServiceNow ticket systems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients and team members
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2021 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In