Sr. Mobile Developer – Android
$65 - $90 / HR (1.5 x overtime)
Remote based in Chicago
The senior mobile developer reports to the Application Development Manager. The mobile developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Design and execute user-facing features for the hospitality industry app on Android by leveraging mobile operating system frameworks for multi-threading, persisting data, and managing user experience on device.
• Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
• Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
• Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
• Work in an agile development environment (Scrum/Kanban)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
• 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
• 5+ years experience programming experience in Kotlin, Java
• Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
• Extensive programming experience in Java, Kotlin.
• Expansive technical knowledge and experience with mobile application development (Android, iOS).
• Deep foundation in computer science with a strong understanding in data structures, and algorithms.
• Experience developing multi-tier scalable and user-centric reliable applications that operate 24x7.
• Knowledge of UI and animation frameworks, touch user interface, and MVP/MVVM application design.
• Experience building services for information delivery from server to mobile clients working with relevant tools (IDEs, junit, etc.).
• Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
• Links to apps in the play store
PeopleCaddie is a digital talent marketplace focused exclusively on contract opportunities for highly-skilled business professionals. Our talent cloud utilizes proprietary data and technology to help contractors find attractive job opportunities through PeopleCaddie’s user-friendly mobile app while enjoying unparalleled visibility in pay rates and application status.
With an established array of clients nationwide, including Fortune 500 companies spanning multiple industries, PeopleCaddie has quickly become one of the fastest-growing talent clouds.
#PCIT #LI-remote #mobile
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in