Systems Technical Engineer
Pay: $60-$65/hour (W2) or $70-$75/hour (1099) (1.5X overtime)
Start Date: 5/9/2022
Contract Length: 1 year
Location: Chicago, IL preferred (Remote ok)
Hospitality company is currently seeking a Property Systems Technical Engineer to take on responsibilities in either support or project engineering roles. The Property Systems Technical Engineer will work with various teams to deliver required tasks towards Property Systems implementation and operation.
- The Property Systems Technical Engineer assume responsibility in either support or project engineering roles.
- In both the roles the Property Systems Technical Engineer will communicate with various teams to deliver the required tasks towards Property Systems implementation and operation. Those include incident management tasks and ITIL best practices for Property Systems Technical Engineers allocated to support and project specific tasks and runbook implementation for those allocated to the project team.
- They acquire knowledge from all available channels and share with colleagues in order to improve the knowledge level of the Property Systems team.
- They are self-driven, motivated and quick-learners in Property System and automation field.
TEAM AND OFFICE STRUCTURE:
- They work remotely and will be available for possible onsite visits up to 4 times a year.
- Report to the managers of support or projects depending on their assigned role.
- Candidate is expected to put in approximately 40 hours per week.
- Occasional overtime is expected if “crunch time” requires it.
- Occasional late-night hours may be required when supervising off-hours action items.
WHAT IS POINT OF SALE (POS) SYSTEM:
- A Point of Sale (POS) system allows the guests to purchase and provide payment, as well as enabling to keep track of the sales.
- Oracle Simphony and Shiji Infrasys Point of Sales are hosted POS applications implemented in North America hotels and they are vital to the daily hotel operations at all retail locations and outlets
- Support new technologies and the roll-out of new products and systems in coordination with other teams.
- Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting Oracle Simphony and/or Shiji Infrasys POS.
- Maintain channels of communication with the related application technicians to ensure successful and efficient production changes.
- Coordinate communication with the third-party technical vendors and internal teams for planned events, outages, etc.
- Acquire oversight for the Oracle Simphony and/or Shiji Infrasys POS project tasks including planning, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and diagnostics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of related systems that require communication to/from our hosted application.
- Coordinate all modifications and changes to Oracle Simphony and/or Shiji Infrasys POS with the technical team and carry out the changes as agreed upon the reviewed solution.
- Performs trend analysis on monitoring alarms, incident reports and service ticket to resolve identified issues.
- Provides on-call or after-hours technical support for the group.
SAMPLE PROJECTS (FOR INDIVIDUALS ALLOCATED TO THE PROJECT TEAM):
- Install, upgrade and support payment gateway interface for the POS software at retail outlets in North America
- Install and support Pay@Table
- Testing disaster recovery readiness
- Implementing interfaces/services of additional vendors to/from Oracle Simphony and/or Shiji Infrasys POS
- Building additional non-prod environments to give internal testers more varied test configurations
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oracle Simphony and/or Shiji Infrasys POS experience
- Pay@Table experience
- Oracle Simphony and/or Shiji Infrasys POS installation experience is highly preferred
- 5 Years Windows Administrator Experience
- 1-2 Years Network experience (F5, VIP theory, DNS, Certificates)
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING TOOLSETS IS PREFERRED:
- Oracle Simphony Point of Sale
- Shiji Infrasys Point of Sale
- Oracle Opera POS Interfaces
- Spa application support
- Payment Gateway integration
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS/PLATFORMS IS ADDED BONUS:
- Active Directory (Security and Distribution Groups)
- Citrix (Dedicated Server Farms in multiple environments)
- VMWare (Vpshere)
SKILLS NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Experience in Simphony POS installation and troubleshooting
- Experience in Infrasys installation and troubleshooting
- Experience in FreedomPay Payment Gateway interface implementation
- Experience in Opera POS interface implementation
- Experience in Oracle hospitality property management systems
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to educate, train or mentor other members within the team with internal tools and skill sets.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Hotel / Hospitality operations experience preferred
- University Degree in Information Systems or Information Technology.
- Or, university degree in hospitality with technical background in hospitality systems.
PeopleCaddie is a digital talent marketplace focused exclusively on contract opportunities for highly-skilled business professionals. Our talent cloud utilizes proprietary data and technology to help contractors find attractive job opportunities through PeopleCaddie’s user-friendly mobile app while enjoying unparalleled visibility in pay rates and application status.
With an established array of clients nationwide, including Fortune 500 companies spanning multiple industries, PeopleCaddie has quickly become one of the fastest-growing talent clouds.
#PCIT #Hospitality #LI-Remote
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in