Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
$55 / HR to $70 / HR
Chicago local preferred but non-local ok
Reports to Application Development Manager or Director. The Quality Assurance Analyst's role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements.
• Write test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems.
• Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new development and enhancements.
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine application quality.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
• Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Work with business community to plan and execute UAT.
• Assist in environment setup and management in preparation for test execution.
• Demonstrate a commitment to core values.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
• 10+ years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Extensive experience with core software applications.
• Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
• Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with communication tools like MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint.
• Comfortable with test planning and tracking tools
Take our free app with you anywhere. Enter your phone number and we’ll send you the download link.
© 2022 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in