Senior Quality Assurance Analyst – Digital
Remote ok but Chicago preferred
$55 / HR W2 to $68 / HR C2C
Reports to Application Development Manager or Director. The Quality Assurance Analyst's role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Work closely with product, design, and development team members to understand business requirements and to communicate problem impacts/risks
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that accurately and reliably assess application quality.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes
• Analyze test results to discover and report defects, following best practices as defined by the team.
• Be knowledgeable in the features for which the team is responsible; in collaboration with peers, develop quality assurance measures and testing standards.
• Set standards in and coach other QAs in test environment and data setup and management
• Apply a thorough understanding of relevant technology to deliver robust test suites. (web technologies, REST APIs, web services, physical devices, Java , XML, JS, CSS, and HTML)
• Use creativity and initiative to improve product test reliability, coverage, and accuracy.
• Demonstrate a commitment to core values.
• 5+ years direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
• Experience working collaboratively with peers and coaching more junior team members
• Proficiency in analyzing business requirements and creating relevant plans and scripts that provide thorough test coverage.
• Proficiency in documenting defects with high level of detail and accuracy, following standards as defined by the team.
• Excellent written and oral communication, active listening, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in testing APIs/services (REST and SOAP) using SoapUI, Postman or equivalent tools
• Proficiency in cross browser, cross platform web and mobile testing with SauceLabs or equivalent tools
• Proficiency in searching system logs and troubleshooting potential defects. (Splunk or similar tools)
• Proficiency in the preparation/maintenance of test data and test scripts.
• Strong knowledge of software testing best practices and methodologies.
• Direct hands-on experience with continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins
• BS in a STEM discipline or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Thorough understanding of Agile approach to software development.
Download our app to build and sustain a viable contracting career. Share your phone number to receive the download link.
© 2023 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in