Business Analyst – Data
Hospitality / Hotel Company
Local to Chicago preferred might consider remote
$55 / HR to $65 / HR
In this role you’ll help gather and organize information related to data products which will be used to build business-critical, scalable data processing solutions, and intuitive and trustworthy data products that power data discovery, self-service analytics and drive product innovation. You will be part of a global data community and you will work in cross-functional and agile project teams alongside Data Product Managers, Data Stewards, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers, and executives to improve the experience of guests and colleagues worldwide.
• Support the Data product team in gathering, analyzing and organizing the data product requirements, including but not limited to the functions - Guest, Marketing, Revenue Management, Sales, Loyalty, Finance and Operations
• Develop technical deliverables, review technical documents and provide input to data product plans and milestones.
• Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
• Collaborate with Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, Data Engineering/Platform and Data Science teams to execute the Data product roadmaps.
• Promote and facilitate the development of self-service capabilities for the business in the access and reporting of business information.
• Provide inputs to define, implement, and consistently exercise information management best practices across the organization. Identify and implement industry best practices. Ensure data integrity of all systems.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Strong team player with 8+ years of proven experience in business and technical requirements analysis, documenting business use cases, verification and drafting data & BI requirements
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with strong customer service orientation
• Strong experience with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• SQL experience strongly preferred
• Strong quantitative, analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong work ethic and personal integrity; self-directed and self-motivated with a highly developed curiosity and willingness to learn and to teach.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Proven ability to influence and work with cross-functional teams. Significant skill required to work effectively across internal functional areas in situations where clear parameters may not exist.
• Experience with hospitality industry a plus.
• Experience with IDeaS Revenue Management system is a plus.
• Experience working in a cloud data warehouse / BI project environment a plus.
• Familiarity with data visualization and design
Download our app to build and sustain a viable contracting career. Share your phone number to receive the download link.
© 2023 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in