Property Technical Engineer
5 total openings
Global Hospitality Company
$70 / $72 per hour
Remote ok but much preferred local
• Experience in Oracle hospitality property management systems
• Experience in Opera PMS installation and troubleshooting
• Experience in Opera interface implementation
• The Property Systems Technical Engineer assume responsibility in either support or project engineering roles.
• In both the roles the Property Systems Technical Engineer will communicate with various teams to deliver the required tasks towards Property Systems implementation and operation. Those include incident management tasks and ITIL best practices for Property Systems Technical Engineers allocated to support and project specific tasks and runbook implementation for those allocated to the project team.
WHAT IS OPERA:
• Web based application vital to daily hotel operations (Front desk check-in, back office accounting, interfaces to 200 other systems like door locks, TV’s, and point of sell.)
• Critical to other core systems being hosted in datacenters worldwide.
• Support new technologies and the roll-out of new products and systems in coordination with other teams.
• Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting Opera Property Systems.
• Maintain channels of communication with the related application technicians to ensure successful and efficient production changes.
• Coordinate communication with the third-party technical vendors and internal teams for planned events, outages, etc.
• Acquire oversight for the Opera Property Systems project tasks including planning, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and diagnostics.
SAMPLE PROJECTS (FOR INDIVIDUALS ALLOCATED TO THE PROJECT TEAM):
• Upgrade Opera grids to the new application versions received from the vendor
• Standing up a new datacenter or Azure environment in another region
• Migrating Opera servers and data from standalone servers to the datacenter
• Implement EMV payment gateway interface between the datacenter and payment processing companies
• Testing disaster recovery readiness
• Implementing interfaces/services of additional vendors to/from Opera
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Oracle Opera installation experience is highly preferred.
• 5 Years Windows Administrator Experience.
• 1-2 Years Network experience (F5, VIP theory, DNS, Certificates)
• 1-2 Years working with virtual environments (VSphere)
• 1-2 Years working with scripting or automation platforms (PowerShell, Ansible, Etc.)
• University Degree in Information Systems or Information Technology.
• Or, university degree in hospitality with technical background in hospitality systems.
Download our app to build and sustain a viable contracting career. Share your phone number to receive the download link.
© 2023 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in