Sr. Java Developer
Duration: 6 months contract (potential extension / conversion likely)
Rate: $75 - $80 hourly w2
Location: Chicago, IL
This key position will be the primary Java Developer supporting Master Data Management software (MDM a.k.a GEM). This software is the key component of client’s Customer CRM solution. GEM provides a comprehensive view of Guest profile and preference information to interfacing systems like RESERVE, Gold Passport, etc. This position reports to Director of Customer Data Management
• Support Envision Opera Interface and Guest Customer Service applications.
• Work with an offsite contract developers to manage the development of new reports and also assist in supporting existing reports and cubes.
• Support of application maintenance or other system related maintenance events on an on-call basis.
• Develop applications leveraging J2EE and Web technologies from start to finish on their own. This includes but is not limited to; customer interaction, validating requirements, system design, full stack development using standard APIs.
• Develop complex SQL queries, direct interaction with J2EE and Web application servers, build/deployment automation and application performance measurement and tuning.
• Collaborate with Project Managers and Stakeholders to execute on projects.
• Outline specific technical deliverables, provide input to project plans and milestones.
• Provide Technical leadership for projects to design effective solutions.
• Mentor other developers on the team.
• Lead key project activities - architecture, design, development, QA/QC and deployment of new J2ee/Web applications.
• Communicate project plans and status with Supervisor.
• Ensure that applications adhere to Application Engineering guidelines, processes and procedures.
• Work closely with the IT liaisons and external services providers to improve and optimize applications to deliver superb performance and end user experience.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 7 years or more of progressively responsible application development experience.
• Experience with front end development in large-scale Enterprise Java applications
• Demonstrated ability to create reusable components that can be leveraged across multiple applications.
• Demonstrated ability to support, review application logs and dive into root cause analysis.
• Ability to define and capture business needs along with articulating strategic implications of analytic results with clarity and persuasiveness in an audience appropriate manner.
• Strong front end and backend development skills. Solid experience in Java design, coding, testing and debugging techniques.
• Solid experience in enterprise level J2EE platforms using J2EE design patterns. Solid experience in SOAP/REST web service development.
• Strong SQL knowledge - especially on DB2 preferred. Spring Framework, JMS, DOJO, AJAX, Eclipse, Hibernate, JUnit, Struts. XML/JSON data interchange formats. Subversion/Git. Jboss, Tomcat is required.
• Familiarity with IBM DB2 and Oracle databases.
• Previous consulting experience desired
• Familiarity with Informatica's ETL/MDM
Download our app to build and sustain a viable contracting career. Share your phone number to receive the download link.
© 2023 PeopleCaddie. All rights reserved.
Are you a Contractor/Temporary looking for a job
or a Hiring Manager? Please select one
Already have an account? Sign In
Create a password to view invite-only contractor profiles and send interview requests
Already have a PeopleCaddie account? Sign in